He was born on 15 December 1961 in Batubulan, Bali.
During 1974 - 1977 he was guided by I Wayan Lipur to learn painting. At that time he was the only young artist in Batubulan who got the opportunity to learn art from him.
Ketut Marra’s great ambition towards Arts made him take a formal education in SMSR Denpasar (It’s an Intermediate School of Art). After High School He had to work to earn his living, however his ambition to keep studying Arts never faded away.
In 1975 he got 1st Award in painting competition ‘Environment Day’ in Bali Province.
In 1985 he continued his study in IKIP/PGRI Denpasar, and got his Bachelor Degree in Arts in 1993.
He achieved all the opportunity of studying Arts through Scholarship Program.
In 1981, he received 1st Award for ‘Best Sketch for Intermediate School of Arts in Indonesia’.
Around 1985 - 1988 The Regent of Bali awarded him ‘The Best Art Educator‘ in Bali.
His creative works of Arts include Paintings, Illustration for Children Short Stories, Books Cover, and Folder Design. He also did some Photo Paintings. Some famous/important people often asked him to do their photos, like Ministers and Governors.
The long journey with all the abundant experiences contributed his maturity and had made him to be a better and better Artist. Up to this day, the profession he keeps performing besides as a Painter, is as an Art Teacher in Batubulan High School.
- He exposed his works in ART Singapore 2007
- He had Group Exhibition in Royal Plaza Hotel, Singapore
- In 2007, 05-09 April he joined the exhibition ‘Voice Of Peace‘ from Bali to the World, In BrusselIn
- In 2003 he conducted a Solo Exhibition in Zola Zolu Gallery in Bandung
- 1992 he had an exhibition together with Piere Porreti in Switzerland
- In 1988 he joined an exhibition in Studio Malpensata,
- He attended Group Exhibition in Denpasar, Ubud, Bali,
Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Bandung